Karwa Chauth Outfit Ideas
Karwa Chauth is an auspicious occasion when all the married women across the country come together praying for the longevity and vitality of their husbands. As this is a special occasion for all the wedded or would be wives, so a personalised touch to their wardrobe is always a welcome sign.
So, here we will be discussing four different elements including necklines, colours, fabrics and accessories that you can incorporate in your outfit for such an auspicious occasion. In the end, We have selected top five styles from each of these four elements that you can follow this Karwa Chauth.
Necklines – Starting with necklines, you can opt for any of these five necklines in your outfit which surely gives you the feminine and most glamorous appearance. Whether your outfit is plain, printed or any work oriented, these necklines will look perfect on you!
- Instead of choosing a plain sweetheart which is more structural, you can incorporate curvy sweetheart neckline in your outfit that defines your neckline most suitably. You may even keep it broad to enhance your shoulder bones.
- Next most common neckline is broad round neckline which is mostly seen in designers display of their wardrobe. This is another neckline which if kept broad and deep will suit any type of outfit.
- Another neckline is curvey V neckline which is around v neckline which can be kept either in front or back of your outfit.
- Then Sabrina neckline which is mostly seen in western gowns or outfits can be even kept in your kurtas or blouses. This looks amazing since it is not below the shoulders instead it is broad that defines everything properly whether it is your neckbones, shoulders or neckline.
- In case you want to go bold then you can opt for off shoulders which is stylish and at the same time, it is in trend these days.
Colours – Opt for any of these five colours while wearing on this Karwa Chauth.
- Yes, red or maroon is the colour of the festival. If worn overall from top to bottom, this colour will give you a stunning look. With this, you need to keep other things subtle and tone down like the work on fabric, accessories and makeup so that all eyes are on you!!
- Another royal colour is the wine colour which you can pick from. All shades of wine, deep or medium will be the most appropriate and suits any skin tone.
- Then comes the metallic colours like golden, copper, bronze, silver. For this silk saree or lehenga with a dark smoky makeup is an ideal.
- In case you want to go for light or pastel colours, lavender looks perfect on you.
- If you want to follow the trend, then fuschia pink is the colour with which you can get your outfit made. It’s getting a very good response from last so many months. This vibrant colour will not only enhances your personality and but also gives you a chic look!!
Fabrics – Go for any of these fabrics to have a perfect Karwa Chauth look.
- You can pick floral printed fabric for your lehenga or sarees either in top or bottom instead of embroideries. It’s cost effective and easily available.
- Then striped sarees or lehenga along with heavy jewellery and dark deep makeup makes you unique and elegant.
- Another exclusive style that you can carry is by wearing plain silks with embroidered or printed shrugs.
- You can have a glamorous look while appearing slim is with sheer georgettes. This can be incorporated either in the neckline, back, arms, the hemline of your full flared georgette. Due to its transparent nature, this gives you a stunning gaze.
- With Banarsi silk or Banarsi georgette outfit, you can have a perfect Karwa Chauth look
Accessories – Experimenting one oversized accessory with your plain outfit makes you look chic. You can pair up any of these accessories with your outfit and look dazzling this Karwa Chauth.
- Gajra either in white or fresh red roses goes well with sarees and Anarkalis. You may even opt for artificial flowers also that can be reused later.
- Next pairing up one oversized nose rings instead of small ones in gold or antique silver will grab everyone’s attention on you.
- Another unique look you can have is by wearing South Indian hair accessory on your ponytail. Its made up of artificial metals that make you look quite different.
- To have a traditional and modern look at the same time, you can pair up an oversized ear accessory known as Sahara having multiple strings with your any outfit, this occasion.
- Temple jewellery is in trend these days and especially on this occasion, one can easily pick up and pair them up with their outfits to add beauty. This antique gold temple jewellery with subtle carvings and traditional temple motifs will give another dimension to your overall wardrobe.
Top five styles to follow:
- Red/maroon Banarsi saree paired with Gajra and smoky eye deep down makeup along with subtle jewellery
- Anarkali georgette cape dress from which Dupatta is like a cape
- Printed stripped saree with deep dark makeup along with antique subtle jewellery
- Sheer Anarkali with palazzo in pure red colour with net flare
- Stylized blouses for lehengas or sarees
Here, we are just giving you an idea and look for the combination that works best for you. Pick any one from each of these five elements and experiment. Try out mix & match these in trend and traditional combinations. You never know which style suits you the most!
To avoid the busy markets and festival chaos, shop for Karwa Chauth online right from the comfort of your house or office, here at EthnicOyster!!